There is a need to have your transmission system flushed.
Did you know there are several facts that can help prevent transmission failures?
- Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) fails when it becomes oxidized, which weakens the protective qualities.
- HEAT – caused by driving in hot weather, pulling a load, driving at high speeds and driving in city traffic. All of these speed up the oxidation process.
- There is no test to show when your ATF will fail due to oxidation, but when it happens, it happens fast. Transmission failure is soon to follow.
- You can sometimes tell when the oxidation is talking over; there is an annoying shudder when the transmission changes gears. Note: the shudder does not always occur or is not noticeable.
- Regular ATF changes increases the life of your transmission just like regular oil changes increase the life of your engine.
- Traditional ATF (fluid and filter) changes only remove about 30% of your old ATF, leaving 70% of your ATF with oxidized fluid.
- The new method of changing the ATF makes the job much more thorough thanks to: EVER-Wear (trademark).
Black's Tire & Auto Service offers many more factory scheduled maintenance recommended services such as but not limited to:
Fuel System Cleaning & Induction Service
Carbon may gradually begin to rob your engine of power, performance and fuel economy. If your vehicle has more than 15,000 miles on the odometer, it may be time to have your fuel induction and injection system cleaned.
Fuel System Problem: Tiny deposits in injectors can cause insufficient fuel delivery and combustion, resulting in poor fuel economy, loss of power and increased emissions.
Solution: Ever-Wear concentrated petroleum detergents act quickly to safely clean and lubricate injectors.
Induction System Problem: Combustion chamber deposits and dirty intake valves can prevent your engine from breathing properly which increases pollutants and decreases power, performance and fuel mileage.
Solution: Ever-Wear fuel system cleaner and induction service dissolves and removes carbon deposits and varnish build up.
Ever-Wear Fuel Injection Flush Benefits
- Restores Performance
- Lowers Emissions
- Restores Fuel Mileage
- Removes Water
Cooling System Service
Engine manufacturers recommend coolant system maintenance intervals for good reasons: weak, neglected coolant can wreak havoc on all cooling system parts.
Q: Why should coolant be tested?
A: To monitor RA (Reserve Alkalinity) level consistency and control freezepoint/boilpoint.
Q: What is the purpose of monitoring coolant RA level?
A: To prevent corrosion from occurring.
Q: How do we maintain the proper RA and protect from freezepoint/boilpoint?
A: Regularly scheduled cooling system flush service with Ever-Wear chemicals and equipment.
Q: When should a cooling system flush be performed?
A: Every 30,000 miles or OEM recommended.
Ask about our new headlight restoration service:
Discolored cloudy headlights can affect how well you are able to see at night. Replacing them can be expensive. Restoring them is cost effective.
- *More than just cleaning and polishing
- *Headlight restoration replaces the damaged laminate coating.
- *Enhances vehicle appearance
- *Increases visibility
- *Restores the performance of discolored cloudy headlights
Schedule an appointment with any of our Black's Tire locations throughout North Carolina and South Carolina Today!
- Tire Installation
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Repair
- Tire Rotation
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Service Brakes
- Exhaust Repair
- Oil Lube & Filter Change
- Steering & Alignment
- Transmission Service
- Air Filters
- Belts & Hoses
- Cooling System Repair
- Drive Lines
- Electrical Systems
- Engine Diagnostics & Repair
- Monthly Checklist
- Preventative Maintenance
- Wiper Blades